From:
William and Michelle Echols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 2009 08:06:54 -0700
ok, I had been told years ago when i first started using the lupron
that it has to be mixed, drawn up, and frozen STAT that it goes inert
in one hour. does this still hold true? I shook the peewydins out of
the vial of the generic once i had it in my vial of sterile NS. It
would not stay suspended, but rather settled quickly to bottom. I shook
it madly prior to attempting to draw it up to no avail, thinking i had
a narrow window of time (I give myself 20 minutes, 30 max to draw n
freeze 7.5mg ... 36 syringes +/-)

I really felt that I had little control of the amount of lupron going
into each syringe along with the difficulty getting it through the
needle, this after buying the jumbo 29 G as well.

if anyone has a trick re the generic, please share it with us... I
refuse to buy it at this point... the fuzzies too important to be
messing with their meds... and why yes, i take generic for myself,
as does my husband... we have our priorities straight!

michelle,willie n the gang of 8 missing far too many......