From:
Rick Roller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 22:42:30 -0600
Great Article and way to live.  Catherine Garcia's article of Wednesday
should sum up the philosophy of the FML.  We should spend more time helping
each other out and aiming towards positive attitudes towards Ferrets, then
laying in wait for someone to bare their testimony or show their
vulnerability and then lashing out at them or attacking them when they are
at their most vulnerable.

I find myself paying less attention to the FML because I have grown tired
of the petty bickering and self appointed Ferret Gurus who claim their way
or your wrong.  I'll steal the phrase from the generation X crew to sum up
my feelings about those select few individuals "Whatever."

Catherine, keep up the values that make you happy.  Someone once said
"money is the root of all evil" and my favorite "money cannot buy
happiness." I agree.  An old gunnery sergeant in the Marine Corps once told
me the secret to successful leadership.  He said "if you take care of your
people, they will take care of you." This holds true with your family and
pets.  Take care of them with the best way you can.  If you don't have
money, you do whatever and without whatever you can.  Because in the long
run, you will appreciate everything a whole lot more.

Keep on Ferreting,
Rick
United Ferret Organization (note new address)
668 Union Square Ste 234, Sandy, Utah 84070
The United Ferret Organization is dedicated to the protectection of the
Domestic Ferret and education others about the wonderful companion they
make.