From:
Onyx and Shamrock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 1995 15:05:23 -0600
I know that several of you run shelters, or participate in shelters in some
form.  Could anyone provide me with some information about starting one?  It
would be run out of my home, but i have lots of room, and several friends
that are willing to help with several aspects of such an undertaking ( like
cage cleaning!).  I have been dissatisfied with the one shelter i had
contact with in austin, and i am also weary of seeing animals abandoned in
reptile stores, and any other pet shop that will take them in order to make
a quick buck.

Much progress is being made with the biter... my husband now offers her
the daily treats....

Frosty (the starved ferret we rescued) has gained quite a bit of weight and
is as active as the other boys (but i miss his cuddling!)

any advice much appreciated, as always.

val