From:
JudithMoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 18:22:43 -0700
I don't think there is too much beating around the bush to be done here.  I
think most everyone knows that Bev Fox and I are not friends.  No surprise
she should decide to make some mention of the fact Desert Moon Zima is
being bred again in 2000.  Zima came thru her first litter without losing
an ounce and raised four fat and sassy babies without any health problems
for any of them.

Before I decided to breed her again I went to see my vet for a thorough
examination and evaluation of Zima.  My vets comment was that she was in
excellent condition and had a wonderful disposition.  He said years of
repeated twice or more breedings, were dangerous.  However, he felt she was
more than ready for another litter this year.  With his blessings we have
proceeded.

I would much rather get my information about ferrets from reference books,
my own 12 years of breeding ferrets and nearly 40 years of raising various
animals.

Rarely do I try to interfere with another breeder and certainly would never
follow their advice.  Sounds tought and independent doesn't it.  Well, that
is the way I am.  In 12 years of breeding we have managed to avoid any
injuries or death of a jill due to birthing problems.  NONE!  ZERO!  We
have never had ECE and never had ADV !!!  So I guess I will continue to be
"A different kind of ferretry" !

Judith Moon, owner Moonsong Ferretry, a totally different kind of ferretry.
http://moonsongferrets.virtualave.net