From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:07:08 -0700
First, thank you all for your kindness on the loss of Zeus.  And Dawn for
the statistics.  I took the three youngsters in for the shots today.
They were pretreated with injections of Benedryl, and yet two of the
three had reactions.  Not so violent as Zeus but still scary.  Vet
watched them carefully and worked on them right away.  One needed oxygen.
So we have decided to not use the Fervac anymore.  We'll have to use
Galaxy.  The vet just didn't like using it because it's not labeled for
ferrets, and it is not known how long it gives protection.

Sadly missing Zeus,

Carol O.,
Tucson