From:
Melissa H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 04:13:14 GMT
This list has always helped me with little ideas on new toys or new litter,
or new ways to keep the litter in the litter box and get the poop in there
too.  Thanks to the FML, I now feed a mix of at least 5 different foods,
and everyone gets a HUGE bowl of Chicken Gravy every day.  My deaf babies
know their signs.  I found great new cages.

The best help I got was over a year ago, when I was about to adopt a
paralyzed ferret.  Biscuit, who lived at KiSta Ferret Shelter, had little
use of her back legs when I got her, steroids administered by the shelter
vet did no good.  So I came to the FML, asking for advice.  I was told
about physical therapy, cage modifications, urine scald, bladder
expression, bladder infections, and supplements for Biscuit.

A year later, Biscuit walks 100%....except on pesky wood floors that have
no traction.  She can climb the side of her cage like a monkey.  She
doesn't need ramps anymore.  She still gets her cranberry supplement (and
extra Wellness Kitten Food.)  And I stil express her bladder 4 times a day.

Thanks to the FML, Biscuit is living the life of a normal ferret, not
limited by anything but linoleum, and even then she can do a pretty fast
skitter.

And that, Bob, is how the FML has helped me and my ferrets.