From:
"K. Sherman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 22:14:16 -0500
I have good news and bad news to post tonight. Those who don't like sad
stories should stop now...

Last week I posted that three of our ferrets had broken out of a bedroom
window and were on the lamb. On Saturday night, the neighbor's collie
sniffed out Binky and they returned him to us. He had been living in the
garage eating the cat's food and was just as healthy as he could be!

Finding Binky raised our hopes back up and we continued to search for the
other two ferrets. We never saw a sign of the ferrets in the area, but
tried to search every yard every day every couple of hours....

On tonight's search, the neighbor's collie followed us again. And again she
sniffed out another of our ferrets. This time though, we weren't so lucky.
She found IVAN! but he was dead.

Our hearts are breaking. Hardest hit is our 12 year old son - he has never
had to deal with the death of a pet. And he was the one that looked in the
culvert and saw IVAN!'s body...Jeesh, life sucks sometimes!

I would like to thank all the wonderful people who have kept up with our
experiences during the last week. It has helped to know we have such good
friends. I have posted IVAN!'s name to the Rainbow Bridge, please stop and
see him out when it's up on the site.

Give your ferrets, family, and friends an extra hug tonite. Remember that
life is precious and can be over before you know it.

Ken, Susie and Eric
Casper, Trixie, Binky, and Kodi
All missing IVAN! (we love you!) and hoping the pj is safe where ever he is now