Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2013 13:53:39 -0800
Please correct me if I'm wrong here

Both Deslorin and Melatonin implants slow adrenal disease and relieve
symptoms caused by this disease. Are the equally effective.

My understanding is that Deslorin is better but I may be wrong. I've
never had Deslorin help in the slightest for fur loss. My ferrets do
seem to feel better with the Deslorin but other than that I can't tell
that its doing anything for them because fur growth does not improve. I
know that there are far more benefits than just having the fur growth
which you can tell by the behavior after the implant.

Long story long

Willie has been part of our family for 6 years 2 months. I'm not sure
how old he was when we adopted him but I believe he was under a year
old. He is at least 6 and a half years old probably closer to 7 years
old. He has Insulinoma for which he gets pred twice a day. He also has
adrenal disease and his last last deslorin implant was 6 months ago.
He has thinning fur a bald spot on his back by his shoulders. He is
not as active as I would like him to be but that could be age.

Our vet charges $188 for Deslorin Implants and $75 for Melatonin
implants. We'll have to save up for his Deslorin Implant but I will
take him in for a check up, glucose check, and Melatonin implant.

I just wonder how effective Melatonin implants are for combating
Adrenal disease.

Thank you and have a nice day/night

Mike