Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 20:36:07 -0400
Thank you *very much* to everyone who donated and bid in Round 2 of the
auction.  The final bids are posted below and when I get people's
permission, we will post the names of the winners so everyone will know
that these folks exist!  We had a photo finish (so to speak) on 2 of the
items, but we are trying to work something out to keep everyone happy.

A very large thanks goes to Bill who maintained the listserv lists of
bids--none of this is automatic; a *lot* of work was involved here.  Bill
also posted the updates to the fml and kodo list especially when I was too
tired!  Thanks very much also to Deena for her website, a lot of work there
too!

I know there were some misunderstandings with this round of the auction, and
I am sorry that these happened.  The auction is intended as a way for ferret
owners to help other ferret owners and to buy some really nice things in the
process.  Please keep in mind that we are amateurs at this and are learning
as we go (if anyone wants to donate auction software to the next round...)
Also--please support our donors!  Check out their websites; many of the
auction items can still be ordered directly from the people who donated them
(if they are vendors and don't have a website, ask me and I will forward
mail to them).

If there is interest, we would like to have one more round of the auction,
but not for at least a week.  It will take some time to connect donors and
winners, and also to confirm who will be the recipients of the next auction
(most likely Calif. and S. Florida).  Someone suggested doing this every 6
months or so; I think it's a great idea.  Thanks again...

     -- Ronnie DiComo
     Ralphie, Harry, Prince Charming and Merlin
     ("Mom! Are you gonna play with us now or what??")

Here are the more or less final results.  Two items -- the Adobe software
and Bob's photoshoot -- are more or less ties.  Bids were sent to the wrong
addresses and crossed each other.  We're seeing what alternatives there are
here -- we have a couple of ideas.

Steve Miller Band Concert Tix  : Bidding closed on this item.  No bids.
6 Pack of CDs                  : $50
Graham Nash Poster             : $10
Ferret Store Gift Certficates  : A) $25  B) $20  C) $18  D) $16  E) $15
Clear Plastic Dryer Tubes      : A) $43.50  B) $42  C) $40  D) $35  E) $33
PetLoves Raisin' Hell Prints   : A) $45  B) $42  C) $40  D) $40  E) $40
Dayna Fraziers Stationery      : $50
California Airplane Tour       : $125
Modern Ferret Ferret Book      : A) $50  B) $41
Modern Ferret Mug set          : A) $25  B) $20
Your pet's portrait by Patsy   : $125
One Adobe software product     : $240
Rainbow Bridge prints          : A-B) $15  C-G) $10  H-J) $5 ea
Kiss on the mouth T-Shirt      : $55
Bob Church's photo-shoot       : $550 ($560?)
Linda's holiday cards          : A) $20  B) $20  C) $15
Pam Greene's address labels    : $25
Pam Greene's notecards         : $16
Jackie's marching ferret labels: $15
Jackie's custom photo labels   : $15