Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2009 13:52:16 -0500
A funny story...

My brother, Sam, was super kind to build me a ferret room in our
garage. It's pretty big. A basic room which required little instruction
from me in regard to ferret safety. He would debate me on small
matters, with regard to safety; like using baseboard to stop them from
digging at the walls from the floor. Things like that, I always won.
Mostly because I would just INSIST till he was ready to pull all his
hair out.

What I forgot however, was a kickboard in the doorway. A small wall,
lets say, that I can climb over to get in. Thereby, stopping,
temporally, the fleeing ferrets. So I used a baby gate for a bit
screwed into the sides of the door. But after a while I ended up
getting caught on it and pulling it all but out of the wall!!

While listening to my ferrets giggle I removed the now unsafe baby
gate. So, the quest is on to make another gate. My brother said he
had this under control.

He he

The first gate was simple, a piece of wood wedged into the doorway very
tightly. Nope this did not work.

The second gate was a bit more elaborate. He took that wood and made
slits in the doorway for the wood to slide into. Hmmm I thought it's
a great idea BUT, there is about an inch and a half space between the
wood and the door. I feared the ferrets would jump over the wood and
be stuck between that and the door.

My brother, bless him, was convinced the ferrets could NOT get over it.
I argued knowing full well they would do it with no problem at all.
NOPE, my brother said, there is no way. I argued more!!

Finely, Sam said simply, I bet you a new car that your ferrets will
never make it over that wall. OHHH a new car, oh I do need one of
those. OK, I said quickly. Wondering what kind of car I wanted and
feeling a bit guilty I knew he was beat!!

I let my five sweet little babies, all of which heard this
conversation, out of the cage. Kiki looked at me as if to say, don't
worry mama I got this!!

One jump

Two jumps

Three jumps - Kiki was tryin

 .....see Sam says they can't get over it!

On the fourth jump Kiki was hauling himself right over with no care
in the world.

With a look of terror in his face, Sam said ... can it at least be
previously owned?

Needless to say we are still working on the new gate.

--
Misty Hosier
Kiki's Corner, Ferret Home