From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:50:18 -0500
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled cat masters...

(Hey cat!  You aren't allowed to lay there!  You can't sit there, either.
That's *my* spot!  Get away from that human!  Quit sniffing my snacks!
Go outside!)

I watched the episode of Jay Leno the other night, but my anger was too
much to allow me to write a civil response.  Its been several days and
I think I've calmed down enough to write the short response that it
deserves, rather than the nasty diatribe that I wanted to write.

Basically, from what he did while showing how he was holding the ferret,
I firmly believe that he likely was trying to hold a wiggling ferret by
getting a tighter grip on it and forcing it to submit to where he wanted
to "point" it, etc.  The result of this was that he hurt the ferret, or
got it upset when it didn't want to be posed the way the director
required it to be posed, and its automatic response was to turn and bite
the person that was either hurting it, or forcing it to do what it didn't
want to do.

In my opinion, Ben Stiller is an a$$.  I've never found him to be very
funny; I instead found him to be simpering, simple, unable to understand
humans adequately and rather unable to understand anything that didn't
consider him to be the focus of adoration.  The ferret didn't adore him.
Smart ferret.

The director was also to blame, requiring the ferret to pose in a way
that it probably didn't want to (hold up a ferret the way Ben Stiller
showed how he was holding that one, and see how long it will tolerate
that), and not taking the ferret's feelings into account.  Maybe a human
actor can be told to stand still while a director desides something, or
until a camera is pointed, or another prop is brought in.  A ferret's
patience is not nearly that long.  The director (many directors, in my
opinion, are seriously out of touch with reality) either didn't recognize
the ferret's needs, or didn't care.  The result was a poor actor, a
director that didn't do what was needed and a ferret that had other ideas.

The result: An actor who had no clue as to what to do.  A director too
wrapped up in trying to do something other than "getting the shot" right
away.  A ferret who was anxious to find out more about Switch and Lily's
adventures and no one around that really understood ferrets well enough
to know that what was happening could have adverse affects.

All in all, I think everyone on that set was probably somewhat to
blame... except the ferret! :)

Todd and the (Lights!  Cameras!  Bite the movie star!)
Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns
---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.netconex.com/toddl/page2/