From:
Mustela Putorious <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 11:56:34 -0800
Our little friend Derby crossed the Rainbow Bridge a few days ago. She
was about 10 years old, she was adopted from Columbus Ohio with her
pals Blossom and Tigger. They were both here waiting with me for Derby
to cross.

While we waited for Derby to arrive, Blossom and Tigger told me a lot
about this sweet little girlie fert. The first thing they said was how
bossy Derby could be. Most importantly, Derby was greatly loved and
she is missed so very much by her human family. Derby was known as the
'crocheted egg QUEEN" If there was one single egg in her house, she
knew about it, claimed it and snatched it up before anyone else had a
chance to. She would hide her precious eggs away and tirelessly spend
her days moving her cache from place to place, making her eggs safe and
secure, keeping them away from all the other ferrets. Stopping only to
eat and sleep, she was always moving her eggs. One of Derby's most
prized possessions was a pair of ballet-type slippers that her Earth
Mom had worn under her wedding dress. One day Derby pulled those
slippers out of the closet and claimed them, and she has had them
ever since.

She certainly was a character!

When Derby crossed the Bridge we could hear the softly lilting strains
of the Ferret Promise Song playing on the wind. It is sad and sweet
all at the same time, promising better days ahead filled with joy and
laughter, and the gift of good health for all who come here. Derby made
the crossing quite peacefully, running to meet Tigger and Blossom and
wanting to see her friends who had come ahead of her, like Maggie.

Derby will do just fine up here, she came with dozens of crocheted
eggs, I think she is supposed to share them, but it doesn't seem
like she wants to. But that's okay....she doesn't have to....

You can send Greeting requests to Musty Pete