From:
Ulrike Stanley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2010 00:33:49 +0200
Hi everybody

I am aware I urgently need to give an update of what happened with
Willie and his owner Ivan. I'm afraid that nothing happened. I don't
know what went on at the vets, Ivan just took Willie for a check-up
but didn't have any tests done and didn't even get pain medication for
Willie. I feel very bad, and think this reflects so badly on me. I
wanted to help Ivan and especially Willie and people donated money and
yet he didn't act on it. I have no idea what went on, I'm away at my
gran's and talked to Ivan on the phone but my gran's phone has a lot of
disturbance and crackling so I didn't understand much of what Ivan told
me about the vet visit. Somebody who helped said she talked to the vet
and the vet said that Ivan behaved badly, he has a germ phobia and I
think that's a big problem. He's also very paranoid that Willie will
come out of the vets sicker than he went in. I have no idea how to help
Ivan and Willie now. Ivan is having the donations refunded, he only
used up $40 for the one office visit. Somebody else paid for a month's
worth of Diazoxide. I tried to help Ivan help Willie any way I could, I
offered to send a BG meter, I said Willie may benefit from Carafate or
Pepcid AC and now even the vet suggested Willie should be started on
Carafate yet Ivan is not following or trying any advice, it's like
talking to a brick wall. If there is a psychologist who could help,
I really think Ivan has some major psychological issues that are
preventing him from doing what is best for Willie... And I just feel
very helpless and wish I didn't know about Willie at all as it
depresses me so much knowing there is a ferret suffering. I know there
is much worse suffering in the world but like I said I know about this
one personally...

Ulrike