From:
Melissa Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 15:41:54 -0400
Here I am at work, quietly keying away at my computer.  The report I
am working on requires some statistics I don't have available at my
fingertips, so I "head to the web" to do a little research.

I find a great web page that links to US Gov't statistical agencies,
www.fedstats.gov.  Wow, this looks great!  There's a link called "data
access tools".  Sounds interesting, so I click it.  To my suprise, what
do I see as the primary listed link?

FERRET:  Federal Electronic Research, Review, & Extraction Tool

I gotta see this!  Click on the link!  I'm greeted with

                 Welcome to DataFERRETT!

The graphics at the top show a ferret with front paws on a stack of books
on the left; a ferret with front paws on a computer on the right.

We're all in trouble now, boys & girls.  This is hard evidence that the
FLO has infiltrated to the very top.  The weasels are now in charge of
managing U.S. statistical data.

Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

Melissa Bell
Knoxville, TN
Mischief, Max (still hangin' in there), Merlin, Buddy & Fae