From:
"Stines, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:40:59 -0600
I agree with BIG that writing to Sandee has nothing to do with religion
but only about the grieving process.  I am a firm believer in an
afterlife with very specific views on the fate of animal souls as well as
humans.  While I don't believe that that actual crossing of beloved pets
would be like any of Sandee's descriptions, I have written to her and
found comfort in the response.  On the other hand, I have also prayed and
received a response.  Let's keep in mind that the Bible is vague on the
topic of animal souls, but presuming that God will reward those who do
His will (as I'm sure a ferret obviously qualifies) then who is to say
what type of "heaven" they will experience.  And this all assumes that
the people writing in have Christian beliefs at all.  Just like
everything else on this list, if you do not like it, avoid it.  If you
feel you have an obligation to "warn" others, why don't you do so
privately.

I always entertain private emails regarding my opinion, so I see no need
to post anon.

James, Melissa, Kassidy & Jasmine

Loving:  Bebe, Riley, Fred & Max
Missing: Wheezer, Pym, Rikki, Jako