From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 13:18:24 -0400
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/13/national/13FLOR.html
[Free registration may be required.  BIG]

If you are in Florida and on a private well, please, monitor your water
carefully before exposing ferrets or yourselves to it once this goes
through.  I know that there are always those who do not follow any news at
all, and wanted to alert such people who happen to be in Florida to follow
your state's news on water standards carefully for optimal health, and to
be extra careful if you are on well water.  It sounds like this is a new
approach which brooks some caution by those of you who are serving as
the experimental group till more is known on whether it can be safely
enough done.  Utilize precautions; you know what it's like.  Around here
(North-central N.J.) after major storms we always have to boil water so I
figure that most people know the drill already, but some might just need
this "heads-up", esp.  for compromised animals.