Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 09:57:40 -0500
It's just another Sunday.  nothing special, it's been snowing gently all
morning.  I've peeked in at the boys a dozen times this morning.  There
is nothing better than watching my two boys napping together.  A nose
here a big tummy there.  Buddy resting his chin on Dweezles back or
Dweezle draped over Buddy.

Last night I let them sleep in their dresser drawer, letting them come
and go as they wished.  As I was up all night, a curse of many years of
working midnight's I guess.  One of the blessings of such an arrangement
seems to be the greeting I get as they come by for a snack and a drink out
of their McDonalds cup.  Buddy had to be picked up.  He has trained me by
standing up against my arm and giving little squeaks and small leaps.  I
find this cute; he seems to be proud of himself.  He is the big noise, the
loud slurps, then he'll look up and see if anyone is watching.  Dweezlle
just plops across my foot, or will lay on his side and pay or dig at my
foot; once picked up he has to sit on my shoulder to drink.  Then he must
complete his act by giving my ear a big nuzzle with a grunt or two.

It's not an action packed Sunday, it's not much by many standards, but to
me it's a blessing I could never replace.

It helps ease the pain of the loss of the Brat pack 8 earlier this spring.
I guess only another fur kid caregiver would ever see the thrill of such a
weekend.

My heartfelt thoughts to those who have lost kidders this season, I know
nothing will ease the loss.

Maybe if we all spent a few more moments peeking at those sleeping angels
with paws we'd understand a bit more.

We hope you all have a good week, be well, and hug those short fur covered
kids.

David, BUDDY and Dweezle