From:
Barbro Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 10:22:53 EST
Mom and I have been reading the newsletter for a while now and I guess it's
time to say hello.  My name is Floyd (named after the hurricane during
which I was rescued).

I ran away from home and had moved into my new peoples basement and lived a
good life down there.  Lot's of places to check out, stuff to destroy, I
could go outside any time I wanted to (one of the windows was always open).
When I was hungry I climbed up through the walls, squeezed myself through a
hole and bingo: from the laundry room into the kitchen to the dog food.
Wolfie always left some for me, but I also build a stash behind the dryer,
just in case.  All this was fun for a while, but I was getting lonely.
Those new people knew that some animal was living in there house and tried
hard to figure out what it was.  A couple of times I let them see me and
they seemed really psyched that I am a ferret and not a rat or squirrel or
whatever.  They started to put out food for me and some nice soft towels.
After another week on the run I finally decided that it's safe to give up
and chose them as my new family.  Outside the wind was howling, everything
was flooded, thunder and lightning ... time to go in.

Barb and Ger took me to the vet and turns out that I'm a happy, healthy, 1
yr.  old female, stuck with a guys name :-).  Hey, could be worse.  They
bought me a nice huge 4 story cage with a hammock, plenty of tunnels and
tubes and lot's of toys I can shred and hide.  I get plenty of playtime
outside the cage and one of these days Wolfie, the 100lbs shep/husky mix,
might get used to me too.  He's still a little jealous and sometimes thinks
that I have to be some sort squirrel and squirrels are not supposed to live
in his house.  Well, I'm a lot faster than he is, I fit under the dresser,
he doesn't and it's just too much fun to tease him.

Dook, dook to all the other furballs.  It's always great to read about the
mischief all you other guys are up to.  Makes Mom and Dad see that I'm just
a normal fuzzy after all :-)

Love Floyd