From:
Lolli Pop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 19:00:49 -0500
Hello FMLers!

I want to sincerely thank everyone for their emails, ideas, and
prayers.  Thanks in large part to you folks, my Zeus is home.
Of course, my biggest thanks go to my God, who was watching my baby.
I've checked every inch of the house (and so has my boyfriend, and
separately, his friend too...better safe than sorry) and the *only* way
he could've gotten out was through the front door.  He must've slipped
out when someone wasn't paying attention.  I shant point fingers, but
I'm thinking one of the b/f's friends opened the door to see if we were
home...the door will be locked from now on.  Evidently, shortly after
escaping, he was picked up by a man who was visiting a neighbor (that I
actually don't know).  The man took him home, fed him cat food and water,
and even built him a makeshift hammock by nailing some fabric to his wall.
I didn't realize (because he's free-roam, and I thought he was just
snoozing under the dresser) that he was gone until about 9:30pm...t he man
said he picked him up at about 6:30pm!  The neighbor's son found a sign at
his bus stop, and took it home to his dad.  His dad called the man who had
Zeus who then called us.  We raced to the house, and there he was, nipping
the man's dog!  He was very tired, and after many hugs, kisses, and treats
(and also some nappy-nap interruptions because Mommy wanted to snuggle) he
slept all day.  But, he's no worse for wear, and he's home now!  I truly
feel blessed.  I *know* how lucky I am that everything went the way it
did, and I truly know not to take the babies for granted now.  Thank you
folks, and much love to you!  And again, to Eppy's mommy: You're in my
thoughts and prayers.  I'm ready to come to Wisconsin and help you look
for him!  DON'T GIVE UP!  When you're ready to send out an FML search
party, give me a call, because I'll be there.

Lolli and the Mini-Zoo (including my wayward weasel-Zeus