From:
Chris Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 1994 03:09:53 -0500
On the one hand, one might wonder what is the harm in a simple
survey, whether USDA-initiated, "investigation" or not, to the
extent of trying to obstruct it?

And on the other hand, quite aside from a reasonable rationale,
there are inferences of conflict-of-interest.

I for one am very interested in the survey results.  Hopefully
including a description of how the survey was done, and perhaps
even a statement on statistical validity.  If it is long, the
FML can carry it in parts.  And if the survey was faulty, I
expect that someone will point that out too.

However, we're all supposed to be on the same side, and I'd be doing the
FML subscribers a disservice if I let this degenerate into a row.

I've been politically active myself, and have personally seen how
perfectly reasonable people can go, um, a little "over".  Far too
many times in fact, sigh.

Therefore, let this be fair warning that I can and will terminate
discussion on this topic if it seems to be getting out of hand.