From:
Holly Domanick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 00:49:19 EST
Hi fellow fuzzy lovers,
First I want to say how my heart goes out to Kevin and everyone who has
lost their sweet fuzzies.

Weasel had her right adrenal surgery Friday.  She is doing great so far.
The surgery was more complicated than first thought.  Her liver was
attached to her other organs and part of it had to be removed to be able to
get to the adrenals.  They were a little enlarged and discolored.  Haven't
gotten the report back to know if it was cancer.  Her left side was cancer
a year ago.  She had a lot of bleeding right after surgery.  The vet was
worried for a while.  She took weasel home with her and got up every 3
hours to feed and check on her.  She took her home everyday from friday
until monday to care for her.  What a caring and dedicated vet she is.  The
whole time she was examining weasel she was talking to her and kissing her.
You can tell she really cares.

The vet is having trouble getting pedipred so weasel is taking regular
predisone until some can be found.  It sure isn't easy cutting a small
tablet like that into eight pieces.

I just can't believe how these fuzzy creatures can bounce back so fast.
All her brusing was gone by monday.  She is eating good.  She is alert and
wants to be as active as she was before.  I try to keep her as quiet as
possible.  She was becoming anemic but her gums are getting pink again.
She has an appointment to get her electrolites checked tuesday.

Thanks to everyone who kept her in your prayers for a speedy recovery.
They sure helped.

She is my Christmas miracle.  Having her be an angel on earth with me a
while longer is the best miracle I could have gotten.

I hope everyone has the best holiday season ever.  My prayers and good
thoughts to all of you and your fuzzy kids.  Dooks from Weasel, Rascal,
R.J.

  MY PRECIOUS ANGELS