From:
"J. Gordon Bengtson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 08:40:47 -0400
Thanks.  Really sucks for sure.  Nib is still with me for the moment.
Her cage is on the front porch, I usually leave them out all night.  They
sleep with me, but usually Nib will go to her blanket (an old towel)
under the couch to roll up in and crash.  Last couple weeks she has been
coming out of the cage, will get raisin treats, then go back to the cage
and use only the bottom hammock.  The cage is about 10 feet from where I
give out the raisin treats.  I have a box there I call the Bud box, is
where Bud would 'live' when he was real bad.  Is about 10" cube and has a
'blanket' in there, a hole on the side for a door.  Nib now lives there
non stop.  She doesn't roam about at all, just right there where the
raisins are found.  She won't even stand on all 4s where she is weak.
Is in the box now, not sure if she is still with us but will check in a
while and then make the final decision.  Really sucks.  Thanks for the
kind words.

Nib just came from the kitchen to where I am now, the puter room at the
opposite end of a long ranch style home.  She bobbed her nose off my
foot then lay down in an odd position just in front of my feet, just not
enough strength to do much at all, not even lay down in a normal position
or place.  Usually when I pick her up she squirms to be put down
immediately but today she simply lay in my hands.  Put her back in the
cage and will make preps to do the deed.  Really hate this.  But is
something we must do to be kind to our cherished friends.

Gordon, Byte-me, Kodo and Nibble-ed