From:
Gail Snyder Shochet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 09:34:57 -0500
My two wear collars with bells all the time, when I used the 'kitten'
collars with the elastic I was going through an awful lot of them, they
would slip them and hide them and the elastic would break.  They were
expensive and difficult to find in small sizes.  Recently I found small
leather collars at Walmart for 3.00 apiece, took them home, cut them down
and added new holes, then attached a small jingle bell from the craft store.
They are attractive, sturdy, and not nearly as prone to being slipped off.
However, I know that the wee beasties could slip them if they were caught
and pulled out as there is sufficient 'give'.

We took our two 'snow-snorkeling' the other night as there was 24 inches of
snow in our yard.  Elie was initially uninterested, but he became more and
more adventurous.  He kept venturing out, then running back to the porch
door and scratching.  As soon as I would open it, he would turn around and
run back to the yard to play !  I guess he just wanted to know he could get
back in if he wanted to.  He was bouncing and dooking in the snow, and
sliding down a ferret-sized 'mountain' of snow, then my husband would put
him back on top and he would slide down again!

Pixel was completely freaked with the experience and she immediately ran
back inside and hid under the couch.  But Elie had a grand time, and simply
went back to the door to be let in when he had enough.

Regards,
Gail, Michael, Pixel, and Elie Wiesel, Ferret Laureate