Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:41:31 -0400
Hello,

I am hoping someone out here can give me some advice regarding my
sick ferret, Jynx. Jynx is my 6 year old DEW girl who is adrenal.
She receives melatonin injections for this.

Last week Jynx became very lethargic- only getting up to eat and walk
a few steps to poop. I was going to take her to the vet on Wednesday,
but she seemed to start improving. Then over the weekend after the vet
closed (of course) she started to decline again rapidly. I gave her .25
ml Amoxi drops and 6ml of Prednisolone until I could get her to the vet
Monday morning. The vet could not find any sign of infection, her blood
work came back good, her glucose was a little low (78), and her spleen
seems a little large. My vet told me to continue with the Amoxy and
Pred and see if she improves. Today is Thursday and she hasn't
improved. I took her back to the vet this morning and am waiting to
see if they find anything.

Here are her symptoms: She has a fever which comes and goes, she is
sneezing, scratching her ears (left one mainly) and shaking her head
like there's something in her ears. She is very wobbly and unsteady
when she does get up. She is very lethargic (this was my ferret who up
until 2 weeks ago played with anything and everything). Her poops are
very, very tiny (dime sized). She still has an appetite- eating a good
bit of chicken baby food and a little bit of her own kibble. A couple
mornings she has had a teeny, tiny bit of greenish discharge in her
nose. She also seems to be breathing faster than normal and makes tiny
noises when she breathes (almost like a nose whistle), and sometimes
when I pick her up she makes a little whimper.

If you have any ideas, experience, suggestions, etc please email me at

Thanks so much and I hope all your ferrets are happy and healthy,

Tara E