Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:05:26 -0800
Donald Miller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> <snip> The recliner is never sat in unless I have company... which is
> rare.  <snip>
>
>Don, Tanner, Elise, Nameo, and Bingo Miller

Don, the recliner does not have to *do* anything to be dangerous.  Let me
share an experience with you.

I have a recliner downstairs.  The ferrets' room is upstairs.  They
remain caged when I am away.  There is a plexiglass barrier at the door
to their room.

I came home one day after work and, while putting something in my closet,
felt a cold wet nose on my leg.  I looked down to find one of the ferrets
out.  I hurried to the ferrets' room and found all but one more still in
the cages.  Maggie was missing.

I searched everywhere and finally saw a tail sticking out from under
the recliner.  When I tried to pick her up, she pulled away, but stayed
there.  I realized something must be wrong and examined the situation on
my belly with a flashlight.

Sure enough, Maggie was caught.  I don't know how she escaped the cage or
the room nor do I know how she got her toe caught in the recliner, but
Maggie is one digit short of a set on her front left paw now.

And, the recliner - nobody home.  it was just sitting there.  And, the
moral of this story is ...

renee :)
 & The Poop-in-the-Corner Gang