From:
Megan Leigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 22:04:03 PST
Hello to Everyone...

Just felt like sharing a few things.

As for treats My "Kids" LOVE the (8 in1 Pro - ULTRA-BLEND) Fruit & Crunch
Treat.  It has Raisins, Dried Bananas, Pineapple, Papaya, Brewers Rice,
etc...anyways It has a lot of different bits and pieces in this can.  I
shake it THEY COME RUNNING!!!!  That is the best part for me.  It works out
wonderful becuase the bits that "Jada" hates "Mishka" will eat and Vice
Versa.  But it is true about what it says on the can "SATISFYING TREAT FOR
EVEN THE MOST DISCRIMINATING FERRETS".  I had problems with Mishka at
first, he was really picky about eating.  He would not try anything but
his normal dry food.  Jada would try all kinds of things.  Then one day I
learned what they LOVED...BANANAS!!!!  They would BOTH go nuts over
bananas.  I was worried about giving them too much though.  I was a new
ferret owner.  I am still trying to learn more on their diet but unless any
of you know something about the treats that I give them now (the 8 in 1) I
am going to stick to that.  And for any of you picky fuzzies out there; try
this Fruit and Crunch Treat.  I even found a cheaper one that is sold at
K-Mart (Eight in One Premium Ferret Treat - Fruit and Vegetable Snack).  It
was cheaper and you get more.

I did read something about Crude Fiber...and that fiber is not good for
ferrets (there is a lot of fiber in most cat foods and in all dog foods).
Does anyone know the percentage of Crude fiber that the ferrets can have
without hurting them?  The treats (I am just now comparing) are different
in that way only.  The cheaper kind has 'not more than 6% crude fiber',
and the can has 2.5%.  I would appreciate anyones help.

Hmmmm, what else did I feel like saying???  Oh yeah, for toys, it is so
true that the least expensive things are what they love.  I bought my kids
stuffed animals...they could care less.  I did buy them a BIG SQUEEKY BALL
and only Mishka has interest in it.  When I call out "SQUEEKY BALL" Mishka
is right at my side.  It is the funniest thing when he takes off running
with this ball in his mouth (that is twice his size) and attempts to hide
it in his usual spot which is too small for it to fit.  I just laugh.  I
try to get Jada to play with it but Mishka ends up taking over and she
doesn't bother to fight for it!!!  She ends up getting into the grocery
bags and shoes, slippers and pants that are on the floor.  They both like
to try and crawl up our pant legs when we are laying on the floor watching
T.V.  I have a collection of key chains (hanging on a door) that Mishka
loves because there is this one key chain that he jumps up and pulls down
and lets go and it springs he will play with that for hours on end.  And to
end this topic they LOVE all the items in my purse...UGHhhhhh "Is my wallet
missing again????" =)

I am done for now, I would love to hear from anybody who has some good
"tips or pointers" on cleaning the ferrets ears.  Like how to and/or what
products to use.

Thanks guys,

Megan, Jada and Mishka