From:
"James (Daniel) Lilly" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:05:10 EST
Thank you for all of your responses.  Please keep them coming.  However I
would lke to narrow the topic a tad.  At the SPCA putting ferrets together
has never been an issue.  We never admit large numbers(possible but hasn't
happened).  We will receive a cage of two or three, usually all cagemates
for life.  Despite my efforts to keep them together, in my absence, they
are potentially adopted out seperately.  We maintain a wildlife rehab dept
and in my absence the head of that department is deferred to.  He knows
very little about ferrets but has a wealth of knowledge on other animals.
When I am gone he sees "no problem" with seperating cagemates.  This is
going to be discussed at a meeting and no doubt "credentials" will arise.
Everyone here knows that ther are no credentials for knowing ferrets as
we do.  That is the reason that I am requesting this information from all
of you.  No degree can replace experience.

Please keep your responses coming and make sure to include your
"credentials".

Thanks