From:
"Juliana Quadrozzi - Georgia Domestic Ferret Association (GDFA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 21:42:45 -0500
>From:    Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Pine water danger?

I don't know whether or not it's toxic, but I don't think standing water can
be good for them.

Why not try covering it with screening?  The nylon stuff is very plyable.
Cut a large circle, slit it half way through the diameter & cut out an
opening for the tree base.  The circle of screen should be big enough to
cover the opening of the bowl & long enough to hang past the bottom.  Gather
the excess underneath & zap strap closed.  Or, depending on the shape of the
bowl, pressure strap around the rim.  I hope I explained this so it makes
sense (to anyone besides me).  It works for plants.

Then they won't be able to get in & you'll be able to pour the water right
through.  & since they can no longer slosh around, you can wrap a skirt
around to cover the feet.  They'll have a ball under there!  It'll probably
be a new hidey hole.

HAMMOCKS

I saw a post about large hammocks.  I found something in an army & navy
store that works just great.  You have to go to one that has all that great
old salvage stuff.  The place I went to had barrels w/gobs of heavy nylon
netting - all different size weaves & several different colors.  You can cut
it to any size.  Zap strap it on or use the kind of hooking things they use
on bird toys.  It's machine washable, indestructable, & I think this stuff
was $.35 a POUND!  Do you have any idea how much netting is in a pound -
LOTS.  I have more hammocks than I know what to do with.  You can also
stretch it tight to make ramps & shelves.

Juliana
Frodo, Rocks, Anola Gay, SNAFU, FUBAR, Tabu, Chaos & Tuxedo