Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 02:30:50 -0500
Hello Everyone,

First a couple of points of recent threads.

Sukie wrote:
>I'd wait until there was proof that the vaccinations actually DO protect
>for over a year before doing fewer, and as for reducing the rabies shot
>frequency I'd wait until such proof is incorporated in the Compendium of
>Animal Rabies Control or it might be really asking for trouble.

I would tend to agree.  Imrab 3 is a three year rabies vaccine.  HOWEVER,
most states insist on annual inoculations with it to comply with their
quarantine laws.  And I have been told by vets that most of the other shots
are good for over a year, but I still get yearly vaccines.  Don't take any
chances.

Bob C wrote:
>But it does concern me that the FML is getting the reputation that people
>will be flamed for stating their opinions.  I feel that is horribly wrong,
>and not because it happens to me.  I do think it is pathetic that some
>people have to build their own self-worth on the attempt to destroy the
>reputations of others, but that is their problem, not mine.

Glad to see we are finally in agreement on something Bob.  Thanks for
concurring with my post.

Let's get down to names.  I am hoping that my brain can do this, I have
been working on the web pages I maintain for a local group for several
hours and finally beat it into submission.  ;-)

I try to pick my ferrets name by name meaning, something to fit the
personality of the ferret.  Well, actually, same with all my animals.
Some already have names, and I have only changed one to date.  Because it
simply didn't fit her and she didn't like it.  Miss Pookie Bear was the
ferret formerly known as White Fang.

The ferret are: Stan, Ollie, Miss Maisie, Miss Esmerelda, Miss Sadie, Miss
Myrna Loy, George, Maxwell, Henry, Freddy, Rick, Miss Pookie Bear, Miss
MaryJane, Nicky, Brock, Lynx Longtooth, Sylk Swiftfoot, Philly, Conan the
Toebiter, Angus, Treska, Pooh Bear, William and Harry, Miss Natasha, Miss
Stella, Miss Delilah, Samson, Miss Bette.

The cats are: Kane, Connor, Neko, Com'er Cat, and Beauregard

The dog is Tiki, aka the bald squeaky toy.

Now this isn't to say some have some silly nick names.  William and Harry,
brothers from Zen, are also known as and answer to "dem fat boys." There is
Georgie Porgy, Nickers, Essie May, Miss Chuckle Bear (Treska, when she is
hunting down Pookie), Pooker Woman, Miss Mazel Tov (Natasha, ask Catherine
about that one), Philly Cheesesteak, Miss Dee and Miss Elsbitch.  And of
course the ever popular hey shit head, for any number of ferrets at any
given time. ;-)

On the home front, Henry is starting to do better.  I have been concerned
since he was a constant buddy to Owen and he is a very timid ferret who
tends to fear bite.  He has been hiding out a lot, and not playing.  But he
finally started coming up to me to be picked up, so I am giving him good
cuddles to try and get over Owen's passing.  Henry is helping me as much as
I am helping him.

Give all dem fuzzbutts out there huggies from their Auntie Maggie.

The Mid Mo Maniacs and their Mistress

you should see how many things I added to the spell check with this
post!!!!