From:
Ryan Seaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 09:36:28 -0500
Dear Dodger,
Twas the day before Christmas and ever-so-mild
    came the wishes of cheer from the heart of a child.
To each FMLer 'tis more than sent cheer--
    its the voice of the innocent, loving and dear.
I woke from my sleep, turned the puter on,
    and read of your happy home as I met dawn.
My fuzzbrats were nowhere--no hissing or dooks
    (Dey's snoozin' away, none yet guilty, no "looks")
Out the window the ice dazzled dawn into day
    and I started mine with you, wishin' you'd stay.
I looked for dear Santa but all that I found
    was the letter you sent us--and can my heart pound!
You told of your family, your health and your laughter
    and I still hear the hisses, dooks, giggles, long after:
"Now where are they? Time to play!  Run to and fro!
    Hide, Dexie!  Eat, MoJo!  Pounce, Rockstar!  Jump, Co'!"
Your hideyholes full and your hearts full of cheer
    is a wonderful way to start off the year.
Your letters remind us to live ev'ry minute
    as lovers of fuzzbrats and put our hearts in it.
I have to get ready, bake food, and wrap presents,
    yet get your reminder of what is the essence
and pause to escape in my blurrying day
    and retreat to the heart I've so fast tucked away.
My daughter came in with a flow'r froze in ice,
    and I stopped just to look....I remembered!  HOW NICE!
You prepared me for seeing the beauty she saw
    and to think, you so tiny, taught ME----I'm in awe
for the lessons you give, each of you, in your ways
    and I want to be thankful for all of my days.
So have a great Christmas, your family and you.
    You've blessed me today and I'll pass it on too!

With love and raisins,
Ryan (mommy)
Helen and John (all hooman)
Fester, Reiko, Nino and Ivory (fuzzbrats)
Brownie and Bear (canine)
Mocha, Knighmare and Peaches (feline)
and Santa
missing Alexander (guinea pig, at the bridge, Nov. '98)
missing Spot (formerly Paul)  (hermit crab, moved to the bridge, Sept. '98)
missing also Peter and Mary, Tigger and Flash.....remember all your
children this yr and cherish them