From:
Carol Voivedich Rager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:08:23 -0500
Yesterday I wrote in requesting any information that might be helpful in
treating Samson my male, 3-4 year old ferret that cannot hold down any
food.  Thanks to all that responded.  After reading all my emails I am
convinced Samson has Megaesophagus!  The one sign that cinched it for
me was the sounds his stomach makes when I do hand feed him.  I printed
out everything I could find to take with me to the vets office in the
morning.  I hope to have the radiograph of his esophagus done tomorrow
and from there we will try anything to keep Samson comfortable.  Samson
has my husband and I wrapped around his paw, so for us there will be only
discussions about treatment for Samson.

If anyone in the FML world has been through treatment for Megaesophagus,
please email me.  I would really like to hear from someone with
experience.

Keep Samson in your prayers.  He is such a sweet little boy.

Carol