From:
Richard Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 10:38:18 -0400
Joan and I have been to this store many times to complain to the manager.
We've even taken literature to the mall office to try to get them to do
something about condiditons.  Right now I'm proud to say they won't even let
us in the store anymore.  Whenever I'm in the area though, I wait outside
until I see a crowd of people around the ferret cage.  I go in then and talk
very loudly about the deplorable conditions and health dangers.  I can
usually get my message across before the manager tosses me out again.

In my opinion, the whole chain is one of the worst pet factories that I've
ever seen.  They've been given the technical papers showing the dangers of
wood chips, yet they continue to use them.  They've been given ferret care
literature and chose to ignore it.  They once had a ferret knowledgeable
sales person who tried to clean up their act and she was fired for her
troubles.  In the meantime, the ferrets continue to live in several inches
of wood chips that fill their food bowls, and they are sold to people with
no instructions (or wrong instructions) on their care and training.

I've even talked to the owner of the chain and complained about the
conditions in his stores; given him the literature; offered to teach his
clerks.  He's one of those "jerks" who smile politely and nod, then ignores
you.  My opinion again.

Dick B.