From:
AarrowRanch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:00:39 -0400
I had heard stories for years about different ferrets that had special
traits that one individual was known for and wondered why with all
those I had why none had special traits until I stopped to think
about it.

Nibble-ed had one, she would 'steal' a towel or pillow case and take it
under a couch where she would wrap that around her so all the corners
and edges were under her body leaving the outside smooth like a raising
pile of bread dough. Thought she was hiding I think. Then there was
RePete, he would get into the 'hidy hole' I made for them, a 10 inch
cube box lined with carpet on bottom and all sides with a 2 1/2 inch
round door knob hole for entry. He would get inside and pull a rag in
to plug up that hole thus 'closing the door' to keep the draft out.

Peekaboo had one too. I have a constant self filling water supply for
them, but she gets up on the lip, with one paw and then the other
splashes water out onto the cage bottom. When she has a good puddle
she will put the top of her head in it like she is going to stand on
her head thus getting her head and front quarters soaked. She does
that every day.

Byte-me was my most favorite of all, she would know when I went to bed
and would get up under the bed spread to curl up in a ball to sleep
beside me. I very much enjoyed her company. There was a time when she
would get there before me but would be on 'my' side of the bed. I
could communicate with her. One day she was on 'my' side sleeping, so
I reached under the covers and gently lifted her up, and placed her on
'her' side of the bed but kept my hand on her for about 5 minutes. She
relaxed and from that day forward she never did go to my side to crash.

Kodo would get into a pillow case and raise holy hell clawing and just
having the best time fighting or playing with some invisible thing in
there. That would wake me up to find this pillow being attacked from
inside in a veracious seething rolling ball of claws and fur. Ha! Not
every night but quite often.

They all had their own little quirks that entertained me constantly.
Just a good bunch of little guys to have around, poops and all.

Gordon, Peekaboo, and Pester

Aarrow-Ranch Aviation
Mechanicsville, Virginia, 23111
USA