From:
Ryan and Tracy Lant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 23:05:24 -0700
Troy Lynn wrote:
I heard on the radio this morning that a celebrity piano was bought for
over 2 million dollars.  I'm not one to begrudge others their material
things but I just kept thinking how much good that money could have done
for homeless people and animals..... How sad we value material objects
more than life itself.... sigh.}

You will be happy to know that our small town of Incline Village, Nevada
(which of course houses many a rich millionaire, as we are a resort town on
the shores of Lake Tahoe) just built a no kill animal shelter to the tune
of 1 million dollars.  Of course the big uproar in town now is that there
are starving children and of course the need for better school system and
low income housing.  Or there is the fact, and this one I have to agree
with, COULDN'T THEY HAVE BUILT A LESS UPSCALE SHELTER AND SPENT THE MONEY
ON THE ANIMALS.  This shelter is like a log cabin with marble floors, stone
entry way, great landscaping, etc....needless to say spending 1 million to
built a house for animals seemed a little bit much to me.  They could have
built something great for half as much and spent the rest on care for the
animals.  Of course now they are holding more fund raisers to get the money
for food and such.

But isn't is nice to know that some celebrity donated money so that our
town could have a great pet shelter.  However they don't take ferrets.
Only dogs and cats.  I am on the list to foster any ferrets that are
turned in.

Tracy