From:
Laurie Long <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 09:52:35 EDT
Hi All,
Just wanted to add my two cents about the food thing.  Alot of people feed
TF only, because they can!!  Running a shelter - this is not an option!
Ferts come in from all different situations.  Food has to be mixed so that
they may find something in there that is familar to them.  I mix TF, Iams
kitten, Pro-Plan kitten & Purina kitten, also have bags of various others
on hand just in case, & always - duck soup in the freezer -

I got a call from a pet store yesterday.  Can I please come & get these
ferrets (3) they are OUT OF CONTROL.  They have bitten everyone in the store
& are biting customers.  Drive over 40 miles one way - get there - put them
in the carrier & leave.  Got them home - 2 whole boys, 1 whole girl - maybe
3 1/2 - 4 months old.  Clay litter embedded in their feet - stuck in their
fur & tails.  They are babies who have not been soicalized.  Had them out
playing with them - they are SWEETHEARTS!!!!  They nip just like every baby
does - no broken skin - hardly even leave marks.  These stores just don't
get it!!!  I get the old story - well with so many other animals in the
store we just don't have time to spend with them.  Well duh - why do you
have them????  Sorry for venting - just glad I got them & they no longer
do!!!

Laurie Long -  aka-fuzzytheif
North Coast Ferret Shelter West
The Raisin Retreat