From:
Connie Gaddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 23:03:18 -0600
in Japan and am half Japanese.  They DO NOT EAT DOGS, CATS, OR FERRETS!
Most of the Asian countries that do consume dogs are the third world
countries such as Vietnam.  Ferrets are actually a popular pet in Japan,
however, I do not know the particulars of taking a ferret over there and
what the quarantine may be.  My family and I did bring our dog back from
Taiwan many years ago.  My father was in the military and we spent four
years there.  We had to keep the dog in quarantine in Hawaii for 6 weeks.
However, that was the requirement for bringing a dog into the United
States from a foreign country.  Japan's laws may be different.