From:
Karen Balle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:58:29 -0500
I have been told that there was an herbalist who posts here.  The
possibility exists that she does not do so anymore.  The person who
told me this believes that her name is Mary.  My first boy, Cecil, had
a CBC this week and his liver values (ALT) came back high (1160 I forgot
to write down the unit measure and didn't get a copy of this particular
test.  Getting a copy tomorrow, though).

My vet suggests treating him with a mixture of antibiotics (also has
swollen lymph nodes) and milk thistle.  I know I can get milk thistle in
a liquid form or in a capsule that I can split open.  I need to measure
out 18 mg.  Which is more effective?  Is there a way to compound the milk
thistle to make it more palatable?  Is there anything else that can be
used in conjunction to aid in liver function and help regeneration in
ferrets.  I'd also be interested in the same information for people, but
I kindly request that such responses be sent directly to me offlist.

--
Karen Balle