From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2011 00:26:09 -0500
Now that all my rescues are getting older, I have noticed some changes
in them.

1. They simply MUST have more space between them at the morning 'soup'
bowl. Heavens help us if their whiskers touch.

2. They still love 'roughing it up' and tummy rubs, BUT...you have to
go to the spot of their choosing. usually on some soft fleece.

3. Morning 'soup' must be at a certain temperature and you MUST stick
your finger in the goo and present it to them for 'tasting' before they
will walk up to the bowl.

4. They rarely come when called anymore. They look at you from the
comfort of their blush little beds with piercing eyes as if condemning
you for disturbing their contemplation,

5. If I go outside, they no longer go crazy and scratch at the door,
they simply back up to the door and lay a 'big one' in hopes I will
step in it when I come back inside.

Can you share other 'Elder Habits"? I am curious to know what your
elder ferrets habits are.

[DY]