From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 1995 18:02:47 -0700
Christine hi!!!  Glad to know Maddy's doing so well :)
Remember the squeaky green peas in a pod toy you had at your house when I
dropped by?  Milo and Mazzy both go absolutely bonkers for it (I bought
em one) We have to remove it from their cage at night in order to get
some sleep.

But by far the favourite toy of the moment is a table tennis/ping pong
ball.  It's too big and smooth to bite, so all that happens when Milo tries
to chomp it is that is SHOOTS out of his mouth across the kitchen floor!!
He'll spend forever trying to get it to stay still.  When he gets
frustrated he does one of two things: a) rolls it into the poop on the
newspaper in the corner b) chases it behind the stove where his fat self is
too big to go.  As long as it doesn't move, it doesn't tantalize him.  But
bouncing it anywhere in the kitchen will bring him running.

BooBoo's loopy for a Gund teddy bear, he takes it everywhere with him,
because nowhere is a good enough hiding place.  I've caught him hiding it so
many times that he actually gets so tired he falls alseep beside it in the
middle of the floor.  And a paper bag is not only fun for attacking, but
great to sleep in afterward.

Also, we bought a huge ceramic dog water dish that is far too heavy for any
of the ferrets to move or tip (Tisol on Main Street) and I fill it up with
water and throw in a couple of ice cubes, or a table tennis ball.  Milo ends
up soaked trying to get them out and usually ends up hissing at the bowl.
That's fun to see.  The first Milkbone I gave Mazzy was obviously a toy,
since she didn't associate it with food and it was carried triumphantly
around the kitchen until Milo stole it and ate it.  Mazzy realized she'd
been cheated and chomped on my toe until I gave her another one to eat.
*SIGH* They really know how to get a point across, don't they??

Sheena, BooBoo, Joop, Ashley, Milo, Razzle Dazzle, Mazzy and in memory
of Fang.

Ferrets & Friends Club & Rescue E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
"dedicated to the preservation of the domestic ferret as a
 household pet", a no-kill, not-for-profit ferret facility.
For more information about the FFCR try our homepage:
< http://www.geopages.com/Colosseum/1575 >