From:
Sara Hamilton-Yotz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 2009 18:36:30 GMT
I used to solely fly Delta before the merger and Northwest's
absurdities regarding ferrets. That left us with Alaska Airlines. Being
that I attend shows back east (I'm on the west coast), Alaska doesn't
fly into nearly as many locations as the other larger airlines, but
Alaska Airlines is an incredible airline AND considerably cheaper than
Delta. They have now earned 100% of my business. While I cannot take my
ferrets in cabin, they are checked baggage. The fee is $100 each way
and the staff is pleasant, courteous and interested in my ferrets. Not
once have I received nasty looks or snotty comments. The gate agents
want to see them, the security personnel ask lots of questions and
the flight attendants let me know when my pets have boarded. When the
weather was bad and we were stuck in Newark, New Jersey, the management
team sent for me so that I could give them water and let them run
around. The ferrets were housed in an air conditioned/heated management
office and were looked after. I have felt that my ferrets were safe and
secure each time I have flown with them.

FYI, you will need a health certificate 30 days prior to your departure
from your vet as well as your rabies certificate. Safe travels!

Sara Hamilton-Yotz
Leizel's Weasels
www.leizelsweasels.com