From:
Ken Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 08:30:38 EST
Hi everyone,
I've just a quick thought about baths. Ferrets have a relatively high body
temp. and the difference between a 'warm' bath and a 'hot' bath seemed to make
all the difference when it came to bathing out ferrets. Perhaps the Doct or
would care to recommend a specific temperature, but I've found if the water
seems 'warm' to you it probably feels too cool to the ferrets.

Went into our local pet store to pick up some Ferratone (sp?) and immeadiatley
fell in love with a chocolate colored little guy from Marshall Farms. We
couldn't resist and brought him home. Now we're up to three.
He seems so much different than our other two ferrets. He is big for his age,
and uncoordinated, like our other male when he was young. The major difference
is the way he uses his paws. Very much like hands! He`ll swat at your nose when
you`re poking your face into the dryer hose when he's inside. He also very long
legged with big paws for his age. Ferrets never fail to amaze me.

He had his first bath the other day in the sink. Put him in the water and
within a couple of seconds he was scuba diving around and having a great time.
He is soooooo cute.

Bye,
Ken, Susie, Eric and Casper (oh no, another kid to train), trixie (Hey, this
guy is cool), Choco (Dad, I know it's the middle of the night but were's the
food?  Lick, Lick, nuzzle, chomp)