From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 20:16:19 -0500
January 5th the phone rang at 7 am. My London contact was able to go
yesterday.

I wasn't able to go because I had Salem going to Guelph for pre admit for
his surgery on Wednesday (today).  I sent 2 very trusted volunteers and
this is what they came back with.

Mr. Jarmain (Bob) had 1 ferret.  HE IS THE ONE WHO CUTS THEIR TEETH OUT!
He uses tweezers and snaps them out without anestethic and without guilt.
He says it doesn't hurt them (much) and that there is no blood.

The single ferret he had, was in a small wooden box in the middle of a
field.  He had no food or water, and after bringing him home the volunteers
discovered he was eating straw after he had his 1st bowel movement.  Straw
is even less nutritious than hay and is pure fiber.

There was a frozen dead rabbit next to the pen that looked like it had
frozen to death where it lay.  There were more than a dozen cats being fed
dog food and bread.  Most of them looked to be kittens and most were in
heat.  There were 2 dogs without food or water and the animal's food was
stored in a torn bag on top of a truck.  It appears he also breeds horses
who actually looked good, but still had no water.

The little ferret we got is severely emaciated and was terribly dehydrated.
He's planing another new shipment of ferrets next week and I'm stumped on
what to do.  I won't buy them.  I won't feed this man's insanity.  I'll try
once again to urge the London SPCA to get these ferrets out.  They need
veterinary attention and I can't do it on my own.  If anyone out there has
any suggestions, please, please e-mail or call me.  [log in to unmask]
(905) 275-0438

Please also say a prayer today for Salem who is undergoing a serious
operation in his chest and a prayer for the other ferrets out there who we
can't get.

Randy
The Ferret Aid Society
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick