From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:54:01 -0800
Okay...I have heard from more than one person lately that the FML could
really use some laughs.  When I first joined the FML 5 years ago, we had
some great fun....some really great fun.  There were laughs galore!

I am challenging people to dive into the archives and dig up some of
those funny posts!  Let's have some fun!  I know there are some very
funny people here....we used to have to issue 'Depends Warnings!'

So...go to the archives:

http://listserv.cuny.edu/archives/ferret-search.html

Find your favorites posts and let's watch the reruns!  Me first!  From
June of 2000:

"I was sitting in class this morning-feeling rather frustrated - we are
coming to the end of the course and they are really pumping us with info.
Anyway, feeling the frustration, I couldn't help but wonder how different
things would be if I were a ferret!

If I were a ferret, I know I would have pooped in a corner!!  Then I
would have fuzzed my whole body and pounced at my teacher!  Naturally, I
would have been just out of her reach.  Then, I would have bounced off
sideways-into the wall, knocking over the plant!  While she was cleaning
that up, I think I would have stolen her marker, and if I had time - I'd
try for the eraser, too!

As I looked around the room, I saw all kinds of interesting nooks and
crannies to investigate!  The woman in front of me always slides her
shoes off!  I'm sure I would have tried to drag one off - after, of
course, I had rubbed and rolled on it and got my head stuck in it a
few times!

The teacher regained my attention so it was back to reality for me - but
I couldn't help wonder what their reaction would have been if I dragged
by butt across the carpet!

Judy Cooke Tyson, Hope, and Einstein "The world is made up for the most
part of morons and natural tyrants, sure of themselves, strong in their
own opinions, never doubting anything."
Clarence Darrow [Posted in FML issue 3076]