From:
"Phyllis A. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 01:26:05 -0500
My new adopted ferret, Fidelity (Fidel for short - previously Charlie Brown)
delights in putting my finger in his mouth.  He doesn't bite down, just
holds it, unless I try to take them out.

First, why does he do it?  Does it have something to do with nursing?

I would like to break him of it, but I don't want to correct him the same
as I do when he bites or nips.

Does any one have any suggestions?  I do tell him no, but that doesn't seem
to stop him from putting them in his mouth.  I think it does keep him from
biting down