From:
Pat Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 14:59:57 -0600
>Hummmppfff, the Mayo Clinic has never shown even the remotest interest in
>ME, but they are wooing my ferret!  He can have a free trial sub. to their
>newsletter.  Some critters have all the luck!  'Course the newsletter
>covers diseases he's not going to get, but hey, it's nice of them to show
>an interest in Kouri's wellbeing.

Had to chuckle knowingly at this one.  My girlfriend has been concerned
that the ferrets associate with the right kind of people and that they find
carreers that will be fullfilling and well suited to their interests and
aptitudes.

Both Bjerknes and Calamity have received applications in the mail for Mensa
membership, and Bjerk received an application from a correspondence school
to become a private investigator.  If that wasn't enough, a few days after
the PI application arrived, Bjerk got a phone call from the school to see
of he was still interested.  I had to cover for him, so I told her that he
was out of town at the moment.  I didn't have the guts to tell her that he
was sleeping in my sweater (which I was wearing at the time).

I think I'm going to have to get them their own phone line.

--
Pat Smith