From:
Linda Decelles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:49:27 -0500
Please, any and all leads needed ASAP!
Hope everyone and their fuzzies have a great weekend.

I have posted before, but only had 1 initial inquiry.  Since I posted,
I have found out the cause of my problems that make working with the
ferrets, cleaning their room, etc.  painful for me.  I am going to have
to have surgery.  I can't have the surgery until January and it is going
to be 8 weeks after that before I can clean up after them properly and
up to 6 months before I will be pain free and properly mobile.  I will
not be able to afford to hire someone to come and clean up after them.
It is imperative I find homes for most of our ferrets to get the numbers
down to what Norman can take care of between his jobs and what little
sleep he gets.

Reposted information follows:

Here is the information on the 2 groups of "rescue" ferrets (bonded male)
we are trying to place in "good, pemanant" homes.  While the ferrets in
both of these groups are friendly, none are overly attached to us - they
should make easy adjustments to new homes.  If someone is interested they
can e-mail me at [log in to unmask]  All of our current ferrets are
males.

First group is a group of 3 bonded males.  They are neutered, descented,
go about 3 lbs each, and are suppose to be current on their shots until
this Fall.  They came to us healthy and were well cared for, had great
coats and temperments, though one is a little shy/reserved.  The owners
were finishing up/graduating from KU, ran into problems with a temporary
landlord, but were moving.  They knew Norman from his job at Pet Co and
he volunteered to take care of them.  They were going to visit and then
when settled "this summer" come back for them, if we wanted to let them
have them back.  "Sounded okay".  But after they brought them to Norman,
they never came back or inquired about their 3 boys, never left a
forwarding address, etc.  They are healthy, almost always use the litter
box, and have sweet temperments, never nipping us and get along with all
the other ferrets.

When They came to us in April (5 mos. ago) we were told that Tin, the
Dark Sable with a black nose was 1 1/2 yrs old; Toby, the lighter colored
male was 2 1/2 years old, and Terzu, the sable with a a lot of white on
the face was 2 years old.  - but then they qualified it by saying give or
take 3 months on each - so they are approximately:

        Tin - 2 yrs, Terzu - 2 1/2 yrs, and Toby - 3 yrs.
While they came with names, they do not seem to respond to their
particular names and their colors have changed a lot.  They are good
about letting me trim nails, clean ears, etc.  They are pretty good
about using their litter boxes.

They came with a carrying cage (which we will pass along with them).
The previous owners supposedly let them pretty much have free roam?
(I'm not sure of a room or an apartment); and we have a small room
with a few cages, hammocks, toys, and cubbies that our ferrets have
free roam in - so we never acquired a big cage for them.  Our ferrets
eat Totally Ferret.  They were fed a different food when we got them,
I do not remember what.  But, they made the switch easily.

The second group is 2 albino males.  Both neutered and descented and
current on shots though due soon.  One, "Rascal" is about 2 3/4 years old
and Scamp is about 1 3/4 years old.  They are both Pet Store "rescues".
Rascal was getting too big and was rough with the younger ferrets at
the Pet Store and was isolated - became anxious and started bitting and
clawing at people a lot.  They let Norman take him home.  He does
occassionally bite - more if you are lying down and he get at your head.
He will also leap at you, but lets me trim nails, etc.  with no problems.
He can be rough with some other ferrets at times.  Scamp was acquired
when the Pet Store lost power during a bad ice storm.  He was very young
and they were concerned about him before the power loss.  The other
ferrets were picking on him a lot and he was not doing well.  We kept a
number of the Pet store animals at our house until the power got back on.
He did fine with us and they told us to keep him.  He gets along with
everyone okay, but "hangs" with Rascal the most.  He can get skittish
at times, hide under things and be hard to coax out.  At these times he
gets your hand in his mouth, when you get a hold of him, but only "bit"
(without breaking the skin) a couple of times.  He lets you trim nails,
etc.  okay, but squirms more than of any of them.  Both are healthy and
neither has had any reactions to shots.

Linda
and Norman,
    & the 8 furry heart stealers:
Saint Patrick, Mittens, Little Dude, Scamp, Rascal, Toby, Terzu, and Tin
from Lawrence, KS
with Frisky, Baby, Handsome, Sassy, May, Whisper, and Bandit watching
from the Rainbow Bridge

all wishing Curious George a wonderful time in his new home