From:
Misty Hosier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:45:37 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Rhea is doing ok so far. I am very happy to announce I have not gotten
attacked since our last episode. I have been doing quite a few things
to control the situation. I have been monitoring noise. Almost no
sounds other that the tv will she hear. During the day she gets to
listen to the animal planet or low New Age. The tv is always low. All
toys that make noise are put up and away. Next, I have been giving her
LOTS of playtime. I protect myself and let everyone out to play. She
goes back in her cage when she falls asleep somewhere, and well, when
If find her! Playing she seems ok. She will do what all the others do.
I have also been holding her. Sometimes she seems ok when I hold her.
Other time she seem petrified. Her eyes are big and she shakes. She
clings on for dear life so I hold her close and tight. Its definitely
got me stumped. I did notice that when I speak in a baby voice, that
upsets her. That sends her into her rage. So I try to remember not to
do it. I have been rather good.

Her sister Sassy was taken by a member of our rescue for some time to
give me extra time with Rhea. Sassy is with one of her sisters so she
is doing well enough. This was a great help. We are going to start Soy
milk this week. I am doing things in stages to see what makes a
difference.

I want to thank everyone for your help with her. All of the ideas along
with your own situations have been helpful. She has me so perplexed.
Every week I will be trying something new. By no means is she 100%
better. I have just controlled the situation to stop attacks. So I will
continue to work with her and we'll see.

She can be so sweet. When she wants to be!!

--
Misty Hosier
Broward Ferret Rescue and Referral