From:
Gabrielle Lastname <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 09:02:58 -0500
This is just outrageous.

>no, i will NOT wait til later in life when i am more 'settled' because i
>get very lonely since i am by myself.

       and

>i don't want to change my way of life

       and the piece de resistance --

>i don't want to take the legs off my couch because i love the legs of my
>couch."

Clearly, whoever you are, you want unconditional love with absolutely no
inconvenience on your part.  Honey, the only time that happens is with
your mommy.  Nobody else in this life loves you like that.  Grow up.
*Every* pet will involve inconvenience on your part, and require change
in your way of life, and damage your possessions.

If you're lonely, read a book -- at least a book won't make you the
center of its universe and be crushed when you discard it.  Or, stick
with buying couches, since you love yours so much.

You need to decide what's important in life -- love and companionship,
with the attendant responsibilities, or *things.* If it's material
things, bully for you -- do the animals of the world (and the rest of us)
a favor and figure it out sooner rather than later.  And really, I don't
care what else is going on with your life -- discarding a pet because
you love your couch more is unfathomably selfish.

Melissa