From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 16:27:51 -0400
If you are getting it then it also likely that whichever FML member's
computer that has it is also at times popping your address in a the
origin from time to time.  I am clean of it (Yeah, we check.), and
have an operating system that apparently doesn't get it, anyway, but I
obviously am on the mailing list of at least one person with the virus.
First I got about 200 of those in three days, almost all with different
addies, and then I got auto-replies from some places which thought that I
had written to them, so I had to let them know that I hadn't.  BTW, one
of those places was HP South Asia repair division so if you have ever
reported a broken HP machine there and have that addy in your computer,
anyone, realize that you might be among those who are infected.  Some
sort of Danish thing also began here at about the same time.  (By that I
mean that it is a virus which seems to plug ".de" at the end of every
address of "origin".)