From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:01:46 -0500
Dear shelter friends,
I am posting tonight to update you on a few current events affecting
daily life at Ferret Wise.

Shelter Mom sends her warm appreciation to those who sent birthday
greetings in January.  A special thank you to those ( you know who you
are) who included a shelter donation in the card.  We are putting that
to very good use in the care of the shelter kids!

JERIMIAH- is recovering form the excision of several mast cell tumors
form his chin & neck, a full dental and lab work-up evaluation.

Prognosis is good for Jerimiah.  Thank you folks for helping with
donations & ebay purchases (We still have a tad to raise for the services
to date for our shelter kids.) Jerimiah's blood values appear all in
normal range at this time.  He is currently on a course of antibiotics
post procedure and will be monitored for the next month closely for any
recurrence re: periodontal issues.

Shelter Mom - has a viral bronchial condition -- and has just lost her
Mom (today) of 52 years.  We know all the fur kids at the bridge made
"Grandma" feel welcome.  Being the eldest child, shelter Mom is going to
be very busy with arrangement making etc., over the next 3 days (burial
on Tuesday afternoon) and then has a shelter vet tech scheduled in on
Wednesday this week for melatonin and other minor procedures.

The Frolic newsletter AND Bear Memorial mailing IS PRINTED - however
there may be a slight delay in getting these mailings posted and in the
mail due to the time constraints and current schedule.

We ask you be patient - the mailings will go out as SOON as possible.

FERRET MEETUP WILL BE HELD WEATHER PERMITTING_ On Saturday Jan 18th .
It will be held at 3 PM at the 222 West Street location ( Colony Mill
Atrium) in Keene, NH.

Shelter Dad and Greg Jandris will host this month gathering.

It is imperative that time later in the week be dedicated to rest &
recuperation for shelter Mom.

All shelter intakes are on suspense until further notice - shelter Dad
is doing his best to keep things running on an even keel in the midst of
the present series of events.

We all send prayers and good wishes to the Mike Janke family.  SPEEDY
RECOVERY MIKE!

Thanks for your understanding- If you want to drop a note to shelter
Mom we are sure she would appreciate your kindness.

Shelter Dad Dino